Friday, February 17, 2006

When it rains it pours.... job offers

when it rains it pours..... that's fo' sho'

get this, I got ANOTHER job offer. From the other school i work at (cuz i work at two). the student representitive came to me saying all their other english teachers are crap and blowing my ego up. also saying he has the ear of the "dean" and is quite close to her, and they desperately need someone of my quality.
the long and the short of it is that they have an opening because their in-house full time english teacher has gone on to be full adminstrative; that leaves them with no full time english teacher.
That could be me!

whew! good thing i haven't signed anything at the first school yet.

really, who the hell gets two job propositions in two weeks? and i wasn't even looking! that's the kicker!

the very good thing is that i could (if i play it right) get more money that what was last proposed to me. at what was last proposed isn't bad (for France), so I've already told the second place that i've had another job proposition and the salary they've proposed. quite simply, if they want me they'll have to fork over more money. all this knowing that the first place really wants me. (i know this because the tell me constantly.) so maybe then they'll go up in their salary offer.
which would be a real dillema, it would be quite difficult to choose between the two.
however.....

The other interesting part is that actually the second job proposition will be more interesting because I (lil' ol' me) would be their only in house English teacher. meaning= the first job that was proposed I would be second in command, at the other i would be second to no one.

I'll be meeting the higher ups next week for the second job proposition. This while the first doesn't know yet and they've already started ordering office furniture for me / the new person.

The suspense is killing me; i really would love to know what's going to happen.
and when i do i'll keep you all updated.


3 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger k said...

ooooo, I am so very jealous! I am hoping my boss will give me the raise I deserve. I never even applied for the full-time teaching position at Waubansee...why? well, not sure - still working on the psychology of that decision...I think it was really more a case of time got away from me and then it was just too late. but we'll see if maybe I'm not just happier right where I am - 70 hours and all.

Congrats - be cool and be careful. If the first gets wind, you may be out of both positions....not to rain on your parade or anything..just be aware of the game you play. kiss kiss!

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,nice post thanks for sharing?. I just joined and I am going to catch up by reading for a while. I hope I can join in soon.

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so interesting! I do not think I've truly read through something like that before. So great to find someone with some unique thoughts on this subject. Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This web site is something that is needed on the internet, someone with a little originality!

Have a look at my site - candy crush saga hack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home