Saturday, September 09, 2006

Freaky and Lucky

Hiya,

so yesterday as i go to open the passenger side door and throw my briefcase in, i notice that the passenger side door is ajar and unlocked. ooooh chills. i distictly remember closing it.
i open the door and notice the glove box is open, then i see that the plastic frame do-hicky around my radio is lying on the floor.
panic, heart starts beating loudly...
then i see that the radio is still there. (it's the kind where the face pops off, you know to discourage stealing) but i had to do a double take because without the face it's just a plastic rectangle. it took me a second to realize if it were gone there would be a gaping hole in the dash.

freaked out, because obviously they hadn't stolen the radio or anything else, i walk around the car and get in,
i then notice my seat is pushed way back - indicating the thief in question made himself comfortable while contemplating stealing my car radio.
i pull my seat back up, close the door and my reflex to grab the radio face kicks in,
so i reach down with my left hand into the sort of holder thing that's on the door and next to my seat and,
there it is. surprisingly not stolen.

Okay, here's the weird part, besides knowing someone was intending to steal my car radio,

1. he must be dim because when you shut the door you can hear that there is something in the door pocket when you shut the door. it rattles against the plastic.
2. thankfully he wasn't a very thorough theif because he could have stolen the cd's that are in my cd organizer on my passenger side visor. (i can kinda understand this however they don't sell these in france). but it would have been annoying, he would'a got my Hank Williams cd.
he also could have snatched mine and jd's cell phone ear pieces.
3. how comfortable did he get in my car? he pushed the seat back for cryin out loud!
4. just the general ickyness of not knowing what happenned. although i have a good clue, i am not as vigilant as i should be when it comes to locking our car doors. (i suppose evetually when i get a car with one of those electronic beepers that lock and unlock your doors this won't happen anymore)
5. and the last wierd thing? how much luck do i really have? WHEW!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger k said...

you could consider yourself even luckier, as he may not have stolen anything because he saw you coming and you narrowly missed catching him and a confrontation...glad it happened the way it did instead.

interestingly, last year, I had one of my car windows busted in down in the city - but nothing was stolen - not CDs, not the radio, not my checkbook on the front seat...feeling lucky myself that time....

kisses! miss you! k.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home